Old Pangbournian Yacht Club
The Old Pangbournian Yacht Club was founded in January 2012 and is open to all OPs - the two main events are the Arrow Trophy (a regatta racing 40 identical foot yachts against alumni of some 30 public school) and an annual Summer Rally (could be anywhere along the UK coast and normally comprises of about 60 members).
Boat ownership is not a necessity as we have plenty of members who always need crew. We are an RYA Affiliated club and can offer discounted sailing courses both ashore and afloat.
We also enter a number of other races such as Round the Island Race, JOG, ARC and RORC)
The OP Yacht Club's chosen charity - named in honour of one of our OPs - is the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation
We have a range of exclusive club branded clothing and merchandise available to members too. These include baseball caps, ties, fleeces and t-shirt.
For any social or racing events, please contact Peter Kewish at [email protected].
For any membership enquiries, please contact Ian Williams at [email protected].
- To contact the Treasurer, Julian Biggs, please email [email protected].
Peter Kewish is putting together this year’s OP entry into the Arrow Trophy Yacht Race. For those that don’t know about it, it’s a weekend of racing against alumni of some 28 public schools in the Solent in identical 40 foot yachts.
He said: "It is always great fun both on and off the water and a truly unforgettable experience. No sailing experience is needed as we have a core crew already. Subsidised places are available for the under 25s."
Should anyone fancy the challenge, please email him at [email protected]. Crew numbers are limited to 12 so get your application in early.
More information is available on the OPYC Facebook page and www.atyra.org.uk.
- May 24/25/26 - RORC Myth of Malham
- June 4/5/6 - OW Rendez-vous RYS Cowes, (Contact Clive Bradbury of the OWYC [email protected])
- June 29 - Round the Island Race
- Aug 2/3/4 - Bembridge Family Fun weekend
- Aug 3-11 - The 2019 RORC Fastnet Race (600 miles) - more details can be found here. Andy Roy has entered Troubadour for this exacting race and asked the OPYC to help form his crew. The Race finishes at Plymouth and we are planning a Rally to welcome Andy home.
- Aug 9/10/11 - Fastnet Support Rally, Mayflower Marina Plymouth (
- Sept 21 - ISC Nab Tower Race
- Sept TBC - Dinghy racing against Roedean at ASF Reading
- Oct 10-13 - Arrow Trophy (Contact James Minter [email protected])
- Oct 9/10/11 - Arrow Trophy Support Rally, Cowes YH (contact Ian Williams [email protected])
- Oct 22/23 - Trafalgar Night Social (Venue TBC)?
- Wednesday 26 December: Sydney Hobart Race. Still in the planning stage.
- Jan 24 or 25 - Burns Night Supper, Bosham SC
- April 4 - B
elvidere Cup (Contact James Minter [email protected])
- May 4/5/6 - Spring Rally, Lymington SC
- May 30 - RT
- June 1-14 - Cruise to France/Chanel Isles?
- Oct TBC - Arrow Trophy
- Oct TBC - Arrow Trophy Support Rally, Cowes YH