Gifted and Talented
High Potential Achiever Programme - formerly the ‘Gifted and Talented Programme’
The High Potential Achiever (HPA) Programme was established to create an environment that genuinely values academic excellence and intellectual gifts.
Our staff are highly experienced in identifying those pupils who have the potential to be high achieving within their studies. We will work closely with you to ensure that you reach your full academic potential.
We will consistently guide you towards your goals, with a focus on pushing the supra curricular aspect of study. You will be assigned an HPA Mentor, whose role is to motivate, educate and inspire.
Examples of activities are:
- Supra curricular reading and discussion. For example, you and your Mentor may read a Science article together and then discuss your thoughts on it. Other examples could be an in-depth discussion of a philosophical issue directly related to the subject.
- Completing challenging work and assignments that are off the syllabus and are directly linked to specialists interests you hold.
- The running of individual projects that promote a love of learning within the chosen field.
- TED Talks.
- Advice and support on choosing A Level and University subjects.
- Additional support to those applying to Oxford and Cambridge Universities with help preparing for entrance exams, applications and interview training.
- Guidance and preparation for potential Academic Scholarships within Dunbar.
For more information, please contact Jack Sims (email@example.com)