To enable pupils to explore the wider world and bring subjects to life, we offer a number of trips.
Trips, tours and expeditions are arranged by relevant academic departments to a range of destinations, both in the UK and abroad. Pupils visit theatres, lecture halls and museums, and our boarders go on weekend trips to a variety of exciting locations across the south of England. Specific examples of trips offered include:
- A Level Classics Trip: pupils travel to either Greece, Italy or Turkey each year to tour sites and museums relevant to their studies.
- Modern Foreign Language pupils have the opportunity to visit French and German markets (in the UK), enjoy Foreign Language film screenings and performances from a visiting theatre company who perform in the target language for pupils from Year 9 to Upper Sixth. They also have day trips to Northern France to experience local culture, practise their language skills in a market and visit a chocolate factory. A residential trip is also planned each year to the South of France.
- Ski Trips to Austria.
- Trip to the Annual National Service for Seafarers at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- The Art Department travel to New York annually with their A Level artists and photographers.
- The Music Department’s Italy Tour: pupils work with local musicians and perform in public spaces.
- Uganda trip: In the summer holidays pupils from our Sixth Form visit our partner school at Nabugabo Community Learning Centre, assisting with lessons. They participate in vital local projects, building houses and latrines as well as engaging with the challenges faced by the community.
- Sports club tours: every year the Pangbourne’s senior sports squads arrange tours to other countries such as the Netherlands, Belgium, Gibraltar, South Africa and Barbados and the USA.
- Duke of Edinburgh expeditions: for their Assessed Expedition, Silver Award pupils go to the New Forest for three days and Gold Award pupils go to the Lake District.
- The CCF travel to various MOD adventure training bases in the UK during holidays and leave weekends.
You can download the programme of Trips and Expeditions for 2022-2027 here.