Previously known as the Centenary Fund, the Pangbourne College Community Fund aims to support projects, activities or events in the local area which will enrich educational opportunities for children and young adults.
The Fund will also support our partnership with the Nabagabo Community Learning Centre, committing to sponsor the children that go onto St Kizito Secondary School for the next five years.
Pangbourne College pupils and the wider community will raise money for the fund through various fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
Call for applications
The Pangbourne College Community Grants Committee invites applications for grants to be awarded in 2024.
Grant applications must be submitted via the online application form by 20 May 2024. Applications will be considered at the subsequent meeting of the Pangbourne College Community Grant Committee in early June 2024.
The maximum amount you may apply for is £500 and all applications must be fully costed, with quotes or estimates (including VAT) to support your application. The Awards Committee will strive to fund projects in their entirety, but the final decision is at the discretion of the Awards Committee and dependent on funds available.
Applications which fit some or all of the criteria below will be most favourably judged:
- The project has the potential to benefit children or young adults aged 7-18;
- The project can be completed within a calendar year of the award;
- The project would benefit the educational development of children, in the broadest sense of education, to include social, personal and character development.
- Projects that align with Pangbourne College's ethos and flag values.
If you have questions on the suitability of your project before application, please do get in touch with Rachel Bampton for an informal discussion.
- 1st Theale & Calcot Scout Group - Two hours of team building activities for camp
- Adventure Dolphin - 5 x buoyancy aids
- Andrew Simpson Foundation - Junior size wetsuits
- Assisted Reading for Children Ltd (ARCh) - Books and games for reluctant readers (7 - 11 years)
- Geoffrey Field Junior School - Transport costs for orienteering
- NOMAD Youth and Community Project - Annual trip for vulnerable families
- Pangbourne Fete 2023 - Contribution towards event
- Pangbourne Primary School - 1 x octagonal bench for 'Secret Garden'
- Pangbourne Youth Football Club - Improvements to the Club House