A full ISI Inspection in November 2019 judged Pangbourne College as excellent in every inspection category. Inspections include regulatory compliance and educational quality, and their judgements are based on positive pupil outcomes.
Key findings from the report:The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils demonstrate excellent communication skills: they write with fluency and articulate challenging concepts with confidence and clarity.
- Pupils have excellent information and communication technology (ICT) skills and use them competently to support their learning.
- Pupils achieve highly in a wide range of academic and other areas such as sports, music and outdoor pursuits.
- Pupils demonstrate exemplary attitudes to learning: they respond to academic challenge with energy and purpose.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils have high levels of self-esteem and self-confidence: they show resilience, perseverance and a determination to succeed.
- Pupils enjoy working collaboratively: they show commitment to each other and a desire to achieve common goals together.
- Pupils undertake roles of responsibility with dedication and a maturity of approach, valuing the opportunities they are given to lead and support.
- Pupils’ moral understanding is well developed: they demonstrate a keen sense of fairness and appreciate how their decisions affect those around them and their own futures.