Macquarie is known as ‘Q Town’ and prides itself on having a warm and friendly atmosphere where all students feel relaxed and encouraged to achieve what they set out to do.
The Division is located beyond the Health Centre and to the right of the staff Common Room.
Macquarie was officially opened by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh in 1953; its house emblem is a ship’s wheel; and the Division colour is dark blue. The original ‘Macquarie Wheel’ was utilised as the College lectern in the original Chapel.
Macquarie is named after one of the clipper ships belonging to the Devitt and Moore shipping company that first set up Pangbourne as The Nautical College in 1917 before it took the name Pangbourne College 52 years later in 1969.